Mucus on stool or mucus in stool is normally not a sign of a serious colon disease problem. Our stools generally have a small amount of mucus. Its purpose is to lubricate the intestinal lining for easier expulsion of bowels. However, if you notice a change in your stool, say an increase in mucus for more than a week, or the mucus is visible in your bowel then it is best to consult your doctor. Excessive or unusual amount of mucus in your bowel may be a sign of one of the 5 problems related to colon health.
Prevention is always better than cure so to it is best to try and cleanse your colon before any mucus on stool will increase excessively. Remember that our organs such as our lungs and nasal cavities also produce mucus as part of the natural processes our body does. Mucus are jelly like body substance. Mucus on stools are present because mucus is produced in the mucus membrane of the epithelium that lies on the intestinal walls. Generally, there is balance between the secretions of enzyme and mucus in your body. A slight trouble in this balance leads to inconsistent behavior of your organs. Excessive amounts of mucus on stool may be symptoms of any of the 5 problems related to colon health.
5 Common Problems Related to Colon Health
- Ulcerative Colitis. In UC the mucus membrane of our intestine or the epithelial lining of our intestine bec ome swollen, that eventually leads to ulceration of the epithelial lining of our intestine (large intestine). When this ulcer starts to bleed, production of mucus takes place and pus is developed. This mucus passes on to the rectum through the aid of the bowels.
- Bacterial Infection. It is just natural in your intestine to have bacteria, or let’s say good bacteria. This bacterium helps in the digestion process. However, bad bacteria such as E. Coli, Salmonella and the likes causes fever, diarrhea and abdominal pain. When this happen, an increase in mucus on stool is manifested.
- Bowel Obstruction. You may not believe it but bowel obstruction is common reason for excessive mucoid production, and mucus on stool is more visible. It is accompanied by abdominal pain, constipation, nausea and vomiting.Various reasons for bowel obstruction an be hormonal imbalance, too little water intake and increase in yeast formation. When there is an increase in yeast formation, excessive muccocal infection eventually follows.
- Irritable Bowel Movement. In IBS, excessive production of mucus is greatly noted. This is because diarrhea is ordinary symptom to patient who suffer IBS.
- Chron’s disease. Though in CD the production of mucus is too little or barely nothing at all, but because anal fissure is a common symptom of CD, then a mucus in your stool is also visible.
Medication Colonnews.com subscribe to an all-natural medication. And there are all-natural herbal colon cleansing supplements that relieves constipation and increases your body energy. It has changed hundreds ofthousands of people’s lives through a gentle and effective whole body safe and effective internal cleansing. Some are formulated to maximize one’s elimination without causing loose stools or uncomfortable cramping via requent healthy bowel movements while assisting in cleansing the vital organs and lymphatic system. You may go for the trial offer first. There are several of this available in all authorized countries.